Master's Degree Program
Admission to our master's degree program requires a conferred bachelor's degree from an accredited academic institution.
A current resume is required for our master's in marriage and family therapy.
Northcentral University accepts students on a continual basis. The Application for Admission can be submitted online any time during the year. Acceptance may be granted based on unofficial transcripts. However, all official, sealed transcripts must be received from U.S. institutions by the end of the first course, and from foreign institutions within 6 months after the start of the first course.
If English is the second language of a student, an official score demonstrating English proficiency is required for admission. A minimum official examination score is required for admission to all Northcentral programs, as outlined under International Admissions.
We provide special assistance in obtaining military transcripts for U.S. military Students. For more information, see Military Admissions.
You must have email access with the capability to send and receive attached files, and must be able to navigate the Internet. For more information, see Technical Requirements.
You can generally complete the admissions process and begin your first course within 30 days. If you have a question at any time, contact an Enrollment Advisor at 1-866-776-0331.
- Complete the online application for admission, which will generate your personal identification number (PIN).Use your email address and the PIN we supply to log in and out of your application until it is completed. You must also:
- Send your official transcripts from other schools you attended by using our transcript request form. If you delay in requesting transcripts from other schools, your admission to Northcentral may be delayed. Your application is valid for one year.
- Members of the U.S. Armed Services will receive special instructions on how to obtain military transcripts.
- International Applicants who have completed education outside the United States will be required to have a credential evaluation completed and may be required to submit an English Proficiency exam score. For details, see International Student Information.
- Get our academic evaluation.When we receive your application, and all of your transcripts, an Enrollment Advisor will review your application packet and determine if you are eligible for admission, as well as the number of transfer credits you will be awarded, if applicable. We will email you a notification upon completion of the review.
- Receive your online enrollment packet that includes:
- An official, printable letter of acceptance or electronic enrollment agreement.
- A proposed degree plan.
- The first and second course requests for your review.
- Submit your initial tuition payment by eCheck or credit card.
- If your employer pays tuition in advance rather than by reimbursing you, we can process appropriate forms and/or vouchers as required.
If eligible, a Tuition Planner will be available for students using Financial Aid.
- Receive information for your first course.We offer course starts every Monday. Once you have been accepted to the university, your Enrollment Specialist will help you access the Student Web site and schedule your courses. An orientation of your Student Website will be scheduled/completed at the time of enrollment to acclimate you to all our electronic resources. This includes your internal message system, writing center, library, bookstore, university documents and course syllabus. Once your course is active, your Academic Advisor will be available to help you throughout your program.
Click here to Apply Now or call us at 1-866-776-0331.
Northcentral University welcomes transfer students. We accept transfer credits from regionally accredited colleges and universities, and from institutions approved by a foreign nation's Minister of Education where their approval process is comparable to accreditation in the United States.
After conducting an academic evaluation of your college transcripts, we will accept credits in transfer appropriate to your Northcentral degree program. For online Master’s degree programs, no more than 6 graduate semester credits will be accepted. However, exceptions may be granted by the School Dean with the approval of the Provost. Course grades must be 3.0 ("B") or better, and courses must have been completed at a regionally or nationally accredited post-secondary institution within five calendar years prior to acceptance at Northcentral University
Northcentral welcomes all students and does not discriminate on the basis of race, color, national origin, religion, disability, gender, age, sexual orientation or in any other way in any of its policies, practices or procedures involving applicants, Students, Faculty Mentors, staff and the public. We reserve the right to refuse admission to anyone we believe does not meet our academic standards.