The Doctor of Philosophy in Cybersecurity (PhD-CY) combines four knowledge areas to complete research or synthesize cybersecurity solutions for enterprises subject to national exposures and global threats. The combined resolution of risk, compliance, audit, and privacy will enable graduates to create enhanced solutions while limiting the need for resources. The Secure Cloud Computing specialization investigates current and anticipated needs and solutions emphasizing the cloud computing. Learning and research adds practical and strategic insights to enable reduced risks for cloud computing and multi-cloud cybersecurity solutions. The degree is designed to prepare researchers, consultants, and technology strategists capable of leadership roles and executive positions in private and public sectors where advanced or complex cloud computing is important. Competencies include complex secure data communications, identity management, and access controls.
|Credit Hours||Courses||Est. Time to Complete|
|PhD-CY||60||20||40 - 44 months||View Course Catalog|
NCU offers weekly course starts, no scheduled lecture hours, no group assignments, weekly assignments, and the ability to schedule courses around your personal and professional obligations.
100% Doctoral Faculty
No matter the degree level you pursue, you can rest assured that you will be mentored by doctors in your field of study.
You won't have to fight for face time as one of many within a classroom. At NCU, you'll have the opportunity to interact one-to-one with your professor, receiving personalized mentoring.
- Advance theory and practical applications of cybersecurity
- Formulate cybersecurity governance, policy, risk, and compliance
- Devise strategic thought leadership for challenges in cybersecurity architecture and operations
- Assess internal and external threats and vulnerabilities to reduce organizational cyber risk
- Evaluate tools, data, and processes to enhance protection and foster resilience
- Facilitate the protection of critical information resources from current and future loss
- Build on earlier technology and management degrees to work with executives to remove obstacles and preempt future losses
- Increase advanced consulting and large enterprise expertise