The Doctor of Philosophy in Cybersecurity (PhD-CY), Global Policy and Operations specialization builds on the core program general principles, best practices, frameworks, and models. The specialization adds specific global solutions through an integrated strategy and leadership capabilities to establish global operations. The focus includes an emphasis on solving challenges of multi-time zone, multi-continent, and a range of laws, languages, and cultures. Specific considerations include diverse technologies, challenging support structures, and cyber target domains. The complication of widely distributed infrastructure, diverse political influences, and complex supply chains form part of the predictive strategy and the creation of operational excellence.
Students will gain more depth in these areas:
- Global Cybersecurity Demands
- Governance, Audit, Compliance, and Risk
- Global laws, Ethics, and Culture
- Securing Globally Distributed Infrastructure and Support
- Global Policy and Operations
|Credit Hours||Courses||Est. Time to Complete|
|PhD-CY||60||20||40 - 44 months||View Course Catalog|
NCU offers weekly course starts, no scheduled lecture hours, no group assignments, weekly assignments, and the ability to schedule courses around your personal and professional obligations.
100% Doctoral Faculty
No matter the degree level you pursue, you can rest assured that you will be mentored by doctors in your field of study.
You won't have to fight for face time as one of many within a classroom. At NCU, you'll have the opportunity to interact one-to-one with your professor, receiving personalized mentoring.
Doctor of Philosophy in Cybersecurity Learning Outcomes
- Advance theory and practical applications of cybersecurity
- Formulate cybersecurity governance, policy, risk, and compliance
- Devise strategic thought leadership for challenges in cybersecurity architecture and operations
- Assess internal and external threats and vulnerabilities to reduce organizational cyber risk
- Evaluate tools, data, and processes to enhance protection and foster resilience
- Facilitate the protection of critical information resources from current and future loss
- Build on earlier technology and management degrees to work with executives to remove obstacles and preempt future losses
- Increase advanced consulting and large enterprise expertise