Broaden your knowledge, expand your potential
Laws and regulations impact every sector of our economy to some degree, including industries like healthcare, education, manufacturing, the service industry and the retail world. This highlights the importance of legal knowledge for professionals looking to elevate their career and take on leadership roles. Legal studies allows professionals who don’t wish to practice the law the opportunity to gain the specialized legal knowledge they need to stand out in their field.
Legal insight for executives
Our Master of Legal Studies (MLS) program will help students develop a comprehensive understanding of law and the U.S. legal system, including ethics, torts and contracts. And while this degree doesn’t prepare students to practice law, it does help students develop necessary skills that are specific to working in law-related careers or fields greatly impacted by the law. Upon graduation, students will have obtained critical thinking and analytical reasoning skills as well as legal research and writing skills.
This program has been designed to align with industry standards in order to offer students information that is both current and practical. Students will cover criminal and civil actions, the role of law and legal systems along with case management and ethics. Additionally, students will gain experience in conducting legal research and drafting persuasive and technical legal documents such as memoranda, pleadings, briefs and contracts.
Earn your Master of Legal Studies OnlineAt Northcentral University you can complete your Master of Legal Studies degree program completely online, when it’s convenient for you. You’ll be able to interact with your professors and get the personal attention you need with our unique one-to-one learning model. We also have weekly start dates to offer you the flexibility you need to fit continued education into your busy schedule.
Program Learning Outcomes
- Evaluate the role of law and legal systems in the 21st century
- Explain issues and concepts associated with law and legal systems
- Apply ethical principles and the Professional Code of Responsibility in professional conduct and decision-making
- Assess information in terms of its efficacy in solving problems encountered in a legal environment
- Create documents, reports, and solutions based on legal research
- Regulatory Affairs Managers
- Compliance Managers
- Loss Prevention Managers
- Equal Opportunity Representatives and Officers
- Regulatory Affairs Specialists
- Arbitrators, Mediators, and Conciliators
Master of Legal Studies Program at a Glance
Total Credit Hours: 33 Credit Hours
Courses: 11 Courses
Recommended Completion Time: 20 Months
Next Start Date: Every Monday
Classroom Size: One