The skills you need to lead the classroom and beyond
A career in education often starts in the classroom, but for many it doesn’t end there. For those that want to have a greater influence on the future of education, including having an impact on policy, preparing to take on a leadership role is critical. Our Master of Education in Educational Leadership degree program helps you gain the skills and knowledge you’ll need to lead the way.
Helping professional educators grow
Our comprehensive program is for applicants that have a bachelor’s degree, current teaching credentials and three years of teaching experience. It is aligned with traits specific to the Professional Standards for Educational Leaders (PSEL), including data-driven decision-making and evidence-based educational practice. This makes it an ideal option for those with a teaching background that want to prepare for roles of leadership within an educational institution.
As a student, you’ll explore vital topics for today’s educational professional, including disciplinary theories, managing curricular resources, fundamental skills for administrative leadership and education policy for school leaders. We also cover school law, an essential area of understanding for education authorities. Additionally, we will look at how to manage school finances including ethics, revenue and expenditures, and demonstrating financial accountability.
The Master of Education in Educational Leadership program is offered online, allowing you to fit continuing education into your busy schedule. You’ll enjoy access to online learning tools designed to support your growth and weekly start dates so you can get started right away. You’ll also have the personal attention you need to succeed thanks to our unique one-to-one learning model.
Program Learning Outcomes
- Apply quality standards to enhance instructional rigor and instructional strategies fostering student learning and development and augment teacher professional development
- Analyze the aspects of professional capacity and resource needs for a quality professional learning community promoting an effective and efficient learning environment for all teachers, staff, and students
- Facilitate effective educational leadership vision and integrity through strategic planning involving data-driven decision-making and evidence-based practice
- Select strategies to cultivate an inclusive and supporting learning environment to enhance accessibility, community collaboration, and student success
- Synthesize current educational research and theory within educational evidence-based practice for ongoing school improvement
- Education Administrators, Preschool and Childcare Center/Program
- Education Administrators, Elementary and Secondary School
- Education Administrators, Postsecondary
- Distance Learning Coordinators
Master of Education in Educational Leadership Program at a Glance
Total Credit Hours: 30 Credit Hours
Courses: 10 Courses
Recommended Completion Time: 15 Months
Next Start Date: Every Monday
Classroom Size: One