The divorce rate hovers around 50%, interpersonal violence is estimated to be a reality for a significant number of couples, and nearly 25% of couples deal with infidelity. Statistics like these highlight the importance of therapists receiving training in the area of couple relationships. The specialization in Couple Therapy is designed to equip doctoral-level therapists and researchers to become skillful clinicians and front-runners in this complex area of mental health treatment.
|Credit Hours||Courses||Est. Time to Complete|
|PhD-MFT||69||23||56 months||View Course Catalog|
NCU offers weekly course starts, no scheduled lecture hours, no group assignments, weekly assignments, and the ability to schedule courses around your personal and professional obligations.
100% Doctoral Faculty
No matter the degree level you pursue, you can rest assured that you will be mentored by doctors in your field of study.
One to One Engagement
You won't have to fight for facetime as one of many within a classroom. At NCU, you'll have the opportunity to interact one to one with your professor, receiving personalized mentoring.
- Develop relational/systemic innovations addressing contemporary issues in the field of marriage and family therapy
- Develop expertise in an area of specialization related to the field of marriage and family therapy
- Cultivate competence in working with diverse populations in various contexts
- Create new knowledge in marriage and family therapy through independent research
- Appraise relational/systemic ethical behaviors in various settings
Northcentral University pursues programmatic accreditation whenever appropriate. The Master’s and PhD in Marriage and Family Therapy are COAMFTE and IACSTE accredited.
The Commission on Accreditation for Marriage and Family Therapy Education (COAMFTE) is the accrediting body for the American Association for Marriage and Family Therapy (AAMFT).
The International Accreditation Commission for Systemic Therapy Education (IACSTE) focuses on the development and implementation of quality standards for programs around the world that provide systemic therapy education and training.