The goal of the specialization in Child and Adolescent Therapy is to prepare you to respond to the needs of children and adolescents through therapy and programming, to engage in meaningful research projects, and to help you become a leader in the profession. The NCU program teaches you to effectively assess the complex developmental and family processes at play and gives you the ability to connect research and practice to deliver evidence-based, contextually sensitive, culturally informed, and developmentally appropriate services.
|Credit Hours||Courses||Est. Time to Complete|
|PhD-MFT||69||23||56 months||View Course Catalog|
NCU offers weekly course starts, no scheduled lecture hours, no group assignments, weekly assignments, and the ability to schedule courses around your personal and professional obligations.
100% Doctoral Faculty
No matter the degree level you pursue, you can rest assured that you will be mentored by doctors in your field of study.
One to One Engagement
You won't have to fight for facetime as one of many within a classroom. At NCU, you'll have the opportunity to interact one to one with your professor, receiving personalized mentoring.
- Develop relational/systemic innovations addressing contemporary issues in the field of marriage and family therapy
- Develop expertise in an area of specialization related to the field of marriage and family therapy
- Cultivate competence in working with diverse populations in various contexts
- Create new knowledge in marriage and family therapy through independent research
- Appraise relational/systemic ethical behaviors in various settings
Northcentral University pursues programmatic accreditation whenever appropriate. The Master’s and PhD in Marriage and Family Therapy are COAMFTE and IACSTE accredited.
The Commission on Accreditation for Marriage and Family Therapy Education (COAMFTE) is the accrediting body for the American Association for Marriage and Family Therapy (AAMFT).
The International Accreditation Commission for Systemic Therapy Education (IACSTE) focuses on the development and implementation of quality standards for programs around the world that provide systemic therapy education and training.