NCU’s Doctor of Education (EdD) in Sport and Athletic Management specialization provides you with leadership expertise at the collegiate level in this growing field. You will have the opportunity to increase your knowledge through practical application and doctoral research on the influences that impact sports and athletics. Under the guidance of your mentoring professors, you will explore a combination of science-based academics, research methods and real life experiences with an emphasis on the ever-changing financial, legal, political and marketing concerns within the collegiate athletic department. You will also further your knowledge in directing an athletic department at the collegiate level as you complete courses related to Title IX, legal aspects and advisement programs for the student athlete.
|Credit Hours||Courses||Est. Time to Complete|
NCU offers weekly course starts, no scheduled lecture hours, no group assignments, weekly assignments, and the ability to schedule courses around your personal and professional obligations.
100% Doctoral Faculty
No matter the degree level you pursue, you can rest assured that you will be mentored by doctors in your field of study.
You won't have to fight for facetime as one of many within a classroom. At NCU, you'll have the opportunity to interact one-to-one with your professor, receiving personalized mentoring.
Doctor of Education Learning Outcomes
- Recommend policies advancing equity and social justice in educational organizations
- Select ethical and regulatory compliant actions supporting the mission and vision of organizations
- Develop leadership skills through the integration of theoretical constructs with professional practice
- Create strategic and tactical plans to improve organizations
- Construct theory-informed decisions for addressing complex problems of practice