Advance your knowledge and skills in student placement, service delivery requirements, family rights and privacy issues, and more by earning a Doctor of Philosophy in Education with a specialization in Special Education. The PhD-Ed focuses on special education from a broader perspective than a single classroom. This broader perspective includes your potential as a leader and researcher in the field of special education. You will explore these broader roles related to program implementation, data analysis, programmatic student monitoring, and the intersection of leadership, law, and finance. You will demonstrate your knowledge and skills in a specialization capstone course that will continue your preparation toward being a special education scholar.
|Credit Hours||Courses||Est. Time to Complete|
|PhD-Ed||60||20||45 months||View Course Catalog|
NCU offers weekly course starts, no scheduled lecture hours, no group assignments, weekly assignments, and the ability to schedule courses around your personal and professional obligations.
100% Doctoral Faculty
No matter the degree level you pursue, you can rest assured that you will be mentored by doctors in your field of study.
You won't have to fight for face time as one of many within a classroom. At NCU, you'll have the opportunity to interact one-to-one with your professor, receiving personalized mentoring.
- Develop deep knowledge of educational systems, theories, and research in an area of expertise
- Interpret theories, research, and ideas for different audiences through multiple methods of communication
- Integrate ethical principles and professional standards for a specific discipline within the field
- Conduct autonomous or collaborative research using high-level analytical skills
- Contribute to the body of knowledge specific to a discipline within the field