NCU’s PhD in Special Education specialization provides you with the knowledge and skills to implement the six pillars of the Individuals with Disabilities Education Improvement Act (IDEIA). You will explore specific court and legal cases, federal mandates, case studies and application opportunities, with an emphasis on case law and research that addresses course-based concepts. Through our one-to-one mentoring approach, you will advance your knowledge and skills in student placement, service delivery requirements, discipline, appropriate educational decisions, family rights and privacy issues, and develop the skills to interact with special education administrators from a local district or university.
|Credit Hours||Courses||Est. Time to Complete|
|PhD-Ed||60||20||45 months||View Course Catalog|
NCU offers weekly course starts, no scheduled lecture hours, no group assignments, weekly assignments, and the ability to schedule courses around your personal and professional obligations.
100% Doctoral Faculty
No matter the degree level you pursue, you can rest assured that you will be mentored by doctors in your field of study.
One to One Engagement
You won't have to fight for facetime as one of many within a classroom. At NCU, you'll have the opportunity to interact one to one with your professor, receiving personalized mentoring.
- Develop deep knowledge of educational systems, theories, and research in an area of expertise
- Interpret theories, research, and ideas for different audiences through multiple methods of communication
- Integrate ethical principles and professional standards for a specific discipline within the field
- Conduct autonomous or collaborative research using high-level analytical skills
- Contribute to the body of knowledge specific to a discipline within the field