If you’re passionate about helping institutions of higher education enhance results, Northcentral University’s online PhD degree program with a specialization in learning analytics in higher education may be a great fit with your goals. The curriculum helps students evaluate how data can be used in colleges, universities and other post-secondary educational settings to improve institutional accountability, student success and retention. Other uses for data, such as facilities management, are also explored.
The program immerses students into the field by exploring the history and types of data analytics and examining proven theories and useful best practices as they apply to higher education. You will study the proper identification, utility and application of relevant data in the classroom, and explore research methods and tools to extract and analyze data and related predictive statistical tests.
This online graduate degree also provides a unique look into the role of technology and Learning Management Systems in personal learning, intelligent data and adaptive modeling, and investigates the proper use of analytics to help build institutional capacity and improve outcomes.
|Credit Hours||Courses||Est. Time to Complete|
|PhD-Ed||60||30||45 months||View Course Catalog|
NCU offers weekly course starts, no scheduled lecture hours, no group assignments, weekly assignments, and the ability to schedule courses around your personal and professional obligations.
100% Doctoral Faculty
No matter the degree level you pursue, you can rest assured that you will be mentored by doctors in your field of study.
One to One Engagement
You won't have to fight for facetime as one of many within a classroom. At NCU, you'll have the opportunity to interact one to one with your professor, receiving personalized mentoring.
- Develop deep knowledge of educational systems, theories, and research in an area of expertise
- Interpret theories, research, and ideas for different audiences through multiple methods of communication
- Integrate ethical principles and professional standards for a specific discipline within the field
- Conduct autonomous or collaborative research using high-level analytical skills
- Contribute to the body of knowledge specific to a discipline within the field