Given the competitive nature of higher education today, many institutions are using data not only to gain a competitive advantage but to improve educational outcomes for both students and faculty. The role of learning analytics in student success is limitless. NCU’s online Doctor of Education (EdD) with a specialization in Learning Analytics in Higher Education can set you apart in this ever-expanding field as a skilled educational data analyst.
This program will immerse you in the field, exposing you to the history of data analytics, instruction on the proper identification, utility, and application of relevant data in the educational world. In addition, you will receive an introduction to the components of datum, data mining, types of data analytics, and other important issues within the realm of learning analytics. Upon graduation, you will be well-prepared to lead and oversee the collection and management of sensitive data, and the performance of related statistical tests that are used in the field.
*Credit hours and courses reflect new students meeting credit requirements and utilizing no transfer credits. Est. Time of Completion reflects new students following the preferred schedule designed by the Dean for the program.
NCU offers weekly course starts, no scheduled lecture hours, no group assignments, weekly assignments, and the ability to schedule courses around your personal and professional obligations.
100% Doctoral Faculty
No matter the degree level you pursue, you can rest assured that you will be mentored by doctors in your field of study.
You won't have to fight for facetime as one of many within a classroom. At NCU, you'll have the opportunity to interact one-to-one with your professor, receiving personalized mentoring.
Doctor of Education Learning Outcomes
- Develop leadership skills to support educational practices across diverse instructional and organizational settings.
- Analyze educational theories and research supporting diverse instructional practices.
- Analyze professional skills, dispositions, and technology options for leading and educating diverse groups.
- Communicate with diverse audiences about educational theories, research, and practices. Evaluate evidence-based solutions for addressing educational, organizational, and societal issues.
- Evaluate evidence-based solutions for addressing educational, organizational, and societal issues.