NCU’s PhD in International Education specialization introduces you to practices, strategies and techniques that can be adapted to intercultural/multicultural contexts and used by international organizations. You will research the global dimensions of crucial contemporary issues, including the hopes of global cooperation, and the complexity of educational accountability, authority and professionalism. As a graduate, you will have developed knowledge and skills in cross-national comparative analysis, global educational transfer and borrowing, international development and the relationship between culture and education. Upon graduation you will be prepared to seek leadership positions and to conduct research in the field.
|Credit Hours||Courses||Est. Time to Complete|
|PhD-Ed||60||20||45 months||View Course Catalog|
NCU offers weekly course starts, no scheduled lecture hours, no group assignments, weekly assignments, and the ability to schedule courses around your personal and professional obligations.
100% Doctoral Faculty
No matter the degree level you pursue, you can rest assured that you will be mentored by doctors in your field of study.
One to One Engagement
You won't have to fight for facetime as one of many within a classroom. At NCU, you'll have the opportunity to interact one to one with your professor, receiving personalized mentoring.
- Develop deep knowledge of educational systems, theories, and research in an area of expertise
- Interpret theories, research, and ideas for different audiences through multiple methods of communication
- Integrate ethical principles and professional standards for a specific discipline within the field
- Conduct autonomous or collaborative research using high-level analytical skills
- Contribute to the body of knowledge specific to a discipline within the field