The field of instructional leadership is expected to enjoy job growth in the next decade. In NCU’s PhD in Instructional Leadership specialization, you will develop your knowledge in instructional leadership research, theory and practice with an emphasis on change through policy development and educational reform. Within NCU’s unique one-to-one mentoring approach, you will conduct research and analysis as you examine supervision of instruction, curriculum, diversity and the instructional capacity of K-12 schools. Our graduates go on to teach, work with organizations interested in education on a global scale, or pursue research in this field.
|Credit Hours||Courses||Est. Time to Complete|
|PhD-Ed||60||20||45 months||View Course Catalog|
NCU offers weekly course starts, no scheduled lecture hours, no group assignments, weekly assignments, and the ability to schedule courses around your personal and professional obligations.
100% Doctoral Faculty
No matter the degree level you pursue, you can rest assured that you will be mentored by doctors in your field of study.
One to One Engagement
You won't have to fight for facetime as one of many within a classroom. At NCU, you'll have the opportunity to interact one to one with your professor, receiving personalized mentoring.
- Develop deep knowledge of educational systems, theories, and research in an area of expertise
- Interpret theories, research, and ideas for different audiences through multiple methods of communication
- Integrate ethical principles and professional standards for a specific discipline within the field
- Conduct autonomous or collaborative research using high-level analytical skills
- Contribute to the body of knowledge specific to a discipline within the field