The Doctor of Philosophy in Education with a specialization in English Language Learning (ELL) program contributes to your preparation as a research scholar in the field. You will build on your existing knowledge and skills in preparation for continued research around teaching, assessing, and developing curriculum for English language learners. The final course offers you the opportunity to consider significant issues in ELL education, and one of these issues might inspire your dissertation topic and your future research agenda. Please note that, if you are seeking ELL/ESL certification, you should verify with appropriate state officials that this specialization meets applicable certification requirements.
|Credit Hours||Courses||Est. Time to Complete|
|PhD-Ed||60||20||37 months||View Course Catalog|
NCU offers weekly course starts, no scheduled lecture hours, no group assignments, weekly assignments, and the ability to schedule courses around your personal and professional obligations.
100% Doctoral Faculty
No matter the degree level you pursue, you can rest assured that you will be mentored by doctors in your field of study.
One to One Engagement
You won't have to fight for facetime as one of many within a classroom. At NCU, you'll have the opportunity to interact one to one with your professor, receiving personalized mentoring.
- Develop deep knowledge of educational systems, theories, and research in an area of expertise
- Interpret theories, research, and ideas for different audiences through multiple methods of communication
- Integrate ethical principles and professional standards for a specific discipline within the field
- Conduct autonomous or collaborative research using high-level analytical skills
- Contribute to the body of knowledge specific to a discipline within the field