The Doctor of Philosophy in Education with a specialization in Early Childhood Education at Northcentral University is designed to help you develop a rich understanding of early childhood education research, curriculum, and policy. In this specialization, you will build on the foundational principles of early childhood education as you focus on research and theory. This focus will include curriculum, assessment, and program administration that aligns with theories about the growth and development of young children. You will also investigate early childhood literacy and literature, along with the roles of families, caregivers, schools, and communities. This specialization supports your future work as a researcher contributing to the broader body of knowledge around early childhood education.
|Credit Hours||Courses||Est. Time to Complete|
|PhD-Ed||60||20||37 months||View Course Catalog|
NCU offers weekly course starts, no scheduled lecture hours, no group assignments, weekly assignments, and the ability to schedule courses around your personal and professional obligations.
100% Doctoral Faculty
No matter the degree level you pursue, you can rest assured that you will be mentored by doctors in your field of study.
One to One Engagement
You won't have to fight for facetime as one of many within a classroom. At NCU, you'll have the opportunity to interact one to one with your professor, receiving personalized mentoring.
- Develop deep knowledge of educational systems, theories, and research in an area of expertise
- Interpret theories, research, and ideas for different audiences through multiple methods of communication
- Integrate ethical principles and professional standards for a specific discipline within the field
- Conduct autonomous or collaborative research using high-level analytical skills
- Contribute to the body of knowledge specific to a discipline within the field