Helping educators cultivate exceptional leadership skills
Education is a rewarding and challenging field that gives you the opportunity to help others learn and grow. Working in the classroom is one way to make a difference, but working within administration allows you to shape policies and improve the system from within. Our Education Specialist (EdS) in Educational Leadership program offers you the knowledge and skills you need to increase your impact as an educator and take on administrative-level roles.
Learn how to be an effective and informed leader
This program is for those that have a master’s degree and a minimum of three years teaching experience. It is aligned with traits specific to the Professional Standards for Educational Leaders (PSEL), including data-driven decision-making and evidence-based educational practice. This makes it an ideal option for those seeking to take on a variety of educational leadership roles.
As a student, you’ll have the opportunity to explore current topics that matter for leaders in education today. You’ll study the development of organizational leadership and learn how to improve performance and culture through effective leadership. Additionally, we cover diversity in learning, principles of an effective leader and school law. We also explore financial issues that are relevant to the school environment.
We offer our Education Specialist in Educational Leadership program online, allowing you to do your coursework when it’s most convenient. You’ll also have access to helpful online learning tools designed to support your growth and progress. And, to ensure you have the personal attention you deserve, we provide a unique one-to-one learning model that pairs you with a member of our faculty in each course you take.
Program Learning Outcomes
- Apply quality standards to enhance instructional rigor and instructional strategies fostering student learning and development and augment teacher professional development
- Analyze the aspects of professional capacity and resource needs for a quality professional learning community promoting an effective and efficient learning environment for all teachers, staff, and students
- Facilitate effective educational leadership vision and integrity through strategic planning involving data-driven decision-making and evidence-based practice
- Evaluate and select strategies to cultivate an inclusive and supporting learning environment to enhance accessibility, community collaboration, and student success
- Synthesize current educational research and theory within educational evidence-based practice for ongoing school improvement
- Education Administrators, Preschool and Childcare Center/Program
- Education Administrators, Elementary and Secondary School
- Education Administrators, Postsecondary
- Distance Learning Coordinators
EdS in Educational Leadership Program at a Glance
Total Credit Hours: 33 Credit Hours
Courses: 11 Courses
Recommended Completion Time: 18 Months
Next Start Date: Every Monday
Classroom Size: One