Become An Educational Specialist
Northcentral University has developed the Education Specialist (EdS) degree program for education professionals who desire to develop additional skills and knowledge beyond the master’s degree level. The EdS degree program offers students a chance to advance in their chosen field or to embark on a new career.
What is an EDS Degree?
Northcentral University’s Education Specialist (EdS) program was designed to provide those who want to know more about a certain subject within education, but do not need a doctorate, the option of advancing their education. An EdS degree is more advanced than a master's degree, but less time and resource consuming than a doctorate degree. If you are looking for an education specialist program, NCU's online program gives you the opportunity to develop the same specialized knowledge that you would find in NCU’s EdD program, but without the requirement to write a dissertation.
- Education Teachers, Postsecondary
- Education Administrators, Elementary and Secondary School
- Education Administrators, All Other
- Training and Development Specialists
- Kindergarten Teachers, Except Special Education
- Elementary School Teachers, Except Special Education
- Middle School Teachers, Except Special and Career/Technical Education
- Secondary School Teachers, Except Special and Career/Technical Education
EDUCATION SPECIALIST: PROGRAM AT A GLANCE
15 professionally relevant specializations
Total Credit Hours: 33 Credit Hours
Courses: 11 Courses
Recommended Completion Time: 18 Months
Next Start Date: Every Monday
Classroom Size: One
*This program is fully accredited by AAQEP through December 31, 2028. View a full list of the AAQEP-accredited programs at Northcentral University here.