Learn to solve problems and develop strong leadership abilities
Learning organizations face a range of challenges, from budget issues and ethical concerns to learning how to adapt to the increasingly diverse student population. Addressing these issues requires strong leaders that have in-depth knowledge, specialized experience and vision. Our Doctor of Philosophy (PhD) in Educational Leadership degree program can help you develop and refine the skills you need to lead an organization to success.
Inspire and influence change from the top
Our comprehensive program is for those that have a master’s degree and education experience. It is a theoretical research degree designed to help students learn how to ethically address the complex problems faced in education today. This is an ideal program for those that wish to improve educational practices across private and public sectors, such as PK-12, higher education, military and corporate learning environments.
As a student you’ll explore theories, models and practices related to various leadership styles to gain a broader understanding of how to be an effective leader. You will learn about evidence-based decision making, educational policy and the relationship between policy and overall school performance. Additionally, we’ll cover essential topics like qualitative data collection and the principles of quantitative research.
Our Doctor of Philosophy (PhD) in Educational Leadership program is offered online, allowing you to work towards your career goals when it’s convenient for you. We also offer you the support you need to succeed, including online learning tools and an innovative one-to-one learning model. This unique system pairs you with a professor in each course you take so that you have the personal guidance you deserve.
Program Learning Outcomes
- Examine educational leadership, research, and policy from practice-based, evidence-based, and research-based perspectives
- Determine the aspects of professional capacity and resource needs for a quality professional learning community within sector-specific learning organizations
- Develop effective leadership traits to improve educational practice for diverse learning organizations within public and private sectors
- Devise a research- and theoretically-based examination of a complex problem within educational leadership
- Conduct theoretically-based empirical research to address a complex problem within educational leadership, research, or policy
- Education Administrators, Preschool and Childcare Center/Program
- Education Administrators, Elementary and Secondary School
- Education Administrators, Postsecondary
- Distance Learning Coordinators
PhD in Educational Leadership Program at a Glance
Total Credit Hours: 60 Credit Hours
Courses: 20 Courses
Recommended Completion Time: 38 Months
Next Start Date: Every Monday
Classroom Size: One