Learn how to solve complex problems and inspire change
Educational institutions, from PK-12 systems through higher learning organizations, face a range of complicated challenges. Meeting those challenges requires strong leadership, specialized knowledge and the ability to inspire and influence change. Our Doctor of Education (EdD) in Educational Leadership degree program is designed to help you obtain the skills it takes to identify problems, create solutions and enhance learning environments.
Lead the way for change and transformation
This program is for those that have a master’s degree and former education-related experience. It is a practitioner research degree designed to help you learn how to ethically address complicated issues through data-driven decision making. It is ideal for those that wish to improve practices in a variety of learning environments, including the PK-12 system, institutions of higher learning, military and corporate learning environments.
We will cover a range of critical topics, from classical and contemporary organizational development to creating an organizational leadership plan. You will examine the attitudes and actions that support effective leadership and evidence-based decision-making. Additionally, we’ll cover essential topics for research, including qualitative data collection, analysis methods and the principles of quantitative research.
Our Doctor of Education (EdD) in Educational Leadership program is offered completely online so that you can continue your education without putting your life on hold. As a student, you’ll enjoy access to online learning tools designed to support your progress and weekly start dates so you can get started right away. You’ll also have the personal guidance you need thanks to our unique one-to-one learning model.
Program Learning Outcomes
- Illustrate effective educational leadership vision and integrity through strategic planning involving data-driven decision-making and evidence-based practice
- Determine the aspects of professional capacity and resource needs for a quality professional learning community within a sector-specific learning organization
- Develop effective leadership traits to improve educational practice across diverse learning organizations within public and private sectors
- Devise informed evidence-based solutions to address a complex problem from educational practice
- Conduct empirical research to address a complex problem within educational practice
- Education Administrators, Preschool and Childcare Center/Program
- Education Administrators, Elementary and Secondary School
- Education Administrators, Postsecondary
- Distance Learning Coordinators
Program at a Glance
Total Credit Hours: 54 Credit Hours
Courses: 18 Courses
Recommended Completion Time: 35 Months
Next Start Date: Every Monday
Classroom Size: One
*This program is fully accredited by AAQEP through December 31, 2028. View a full list of the AAQEP-accredited programs at Northcentral University here.