Break free from ABD
Complete your dissertation and earn your degree
You’ve already put so much time, energy and effort into earning your doctoral degree, why stop now? At NCU, an ABD status doesn’t prevent you from moving forward in your studies. In fact, we understand the challenges you’ve faced and have designed a program to help you break free from ABD.
Our Dissertation Completion Pathway (DCP) is an innovative way to get back into class, complete your dissertation and graduate with the degree you’ve been working toward.
How it works
DCP is a structured program that recognizes your past academic coursework while providing the guidance you need to complete your dissertation. This approach provides ABD students the individual support and attention they deserve, including uniquely designed bridge courses and a faculty-led approach that features weekly objectives and deliverables.
Who can we help?
If you’re an All But Dissertation student that has completed your coursework, achieved doctoral candidacy and left your program in good academic standing, we can help you finish what you started.
Admission requirements* include:
- Dissertation Completion Application
- 12-year maximum for transfer credits from a regionally accredited institution
- Minimum GPA of 3.0 in previous doctoral program
- Must have completed program coursework and achieved candidacy at another institution
- Cannot be academically dismissed from previous doctoral program
- Must complete a phone or video interview
All doctoral programs offered at NCU are eligible for the Dissertation Completion Pathway with the exception of the Marriage and Family Therapy programs.
Learn how we can help you finish your dissertation.