Areas of Expertise:
- Healthcare management competencies
- Interprofessional education
- Research methodology and design
- Doctor of Philosophy in Health Services - Healthcare Administration, Walden University
- Master of Education, Community Health Education, University of Arkansas
- Health Care Administration Faculty Perceptions of Competency Education, Graduate Preparedness, and Employer Competency Expectations
Research Areas of Interest:
- Competency-based education
- Faculty and student preparedness
- Doctoral education in health administration
- Online program design
- Shanderson, L., & Jones, W. (2019, April). Innovation in an online program. Center for IPE Newsletter. University of Toronto.
- McGowan, M. M., Jones, W., & Lohin, J. R. (2017). Putting together the proper pieces: An exercise in examining the picture of governing board diversity. Journal of Health Administration Education, 34(2), 345-356.
- Jones, W., Jorissen, S., & Bewley, L. (2016). Attitudes and expectations of graduate healthcare management faculty on using a competency-based approach. Journal of Health Administration Education, 33(4), 581-607.
Select Professional Experience:
- Founding Executive Director, Master of Healthcare Administration, University of Arkansas Fort Smith
- Two decades in higher education teaching in traditional and online learning environments
- H1N1 Private Provider Liaison, Arkansas Department of Health
- Weight Loss Program Director/Behavioral Educator, Holt Krock Clinic
- Educational Specialist, Arkansas Foundation for Medical Care