Areas of Expertise:
- Trauma and trauma-informed care
- Women-specific interventions across the lifespan
- Clinical supervision and ethics
- Leadership and organizational development
- Program evaluation
- PhD, Mandel School of Applied Social Sciences, Case Western Reserve University, Cleveland, OH
- MSW, Walla Walla University, College Place, WA
- BSW, Southern Adventist University, Collegedale, TN
- An Examination of the Effect of the GeroRich Project in the BSW Curriculum
Research Areas of Interest:
- Vicarious trauma and professional resilience
- Trauma-informed organizational development
- Settlement house movement
Selected External Grant Activity:
Transforming Family Justice Center Services: Creating New Pathways of Hope and Healing for Polyvictims - Integrative Clinician October 1, 2019 – present). $676,000 competitive grant from the Office of Victims of Crime (OVC) with the City of Chattanooga Family Justice Center. Provide funding, training, and resources for the implementation and evaluation of a polyvictimization evidence-based screening tool and enhancement of integrative clinical services for survivors of multiple types of victimizations.
Enhancing Abuse in Later Life Grant - Principle Investigator (October 1, 2017 – present). $376,000 competitive grant from the Office of Violence Against Women (OVW) with the City of Chattanooga Family Justice Center. Provide funding, training, and resources for elder justice grant coordinator to provide outreach and liaison work with law enforcement and advocates serving vulnerable adults.
Certifications and /or licenses:
- Licensed Clinical Social Worker (LCSW) in TN (1996)
- Level II Certified Ecotherapist from the Earth Body Institute (2018)
Select Peer-Reviewed Presentations:
Radu, V. L. (July, 2018). The Intersection of Domestic Violence & Elder Abuse: Collective Impact in Family Justice Centers. Peer-Reviewed Presentation for the Healthy Aging Summit (Washington, DC).
Radu, V. L. (March, 2018). Healing the Earth and Ourselves: Ecotherapy as Practice. Peer-Reviewed Presentation for the 30th Annual Appalachian Studies Conference (Cincinnati, OH).