Areas of Expertise:
- Marriage & Family Therapy
- Clinical Psychology
- Ph.D., University of Southern California, Sociology, Marriage & Family Therapy
- M.M.F.T., University of Southern California, Marriage & Family Therapy
- M.A., Edinboro University, Clinical Psychology
- B.A., Edinboro University, Psychology
- The Voices of Men: The Shaping of Masculinities in Three Subcultural Contexts
- Matta, T., Matta, J. & Matta, D. (2014). The Changing Landscape in Higher Education. In Eliason, Eliason, Samide and Patrick’s (Eds.) Career Development Across the Lifespan: Counseling for Community, Schools, Higher Education, and Beyond (pp. 825-841). Charlotte, NC: IAP-Information Age Publishing, Inc.
- Matta, J., Matta, D., & Matta, T. (2011). Retraining and Second Careers in a Declining Job Market. In Samide, Eliason and Patrick’s (Eds.), Career Development in Higher Education (pp. 343-356). Charlotte, NC: IAP-Information Age Publishing, Inc.
- Hayes, M., Becvar, D., Matta, T., Verser, J., Hinson, W., Lord, D., Paff-Bergen, L. (2005, July/August) Core Competencies: A Regulatory Perspective, Family Therapy Magazine (pp. 32-35).
Selected Professional Experience:
- NCU Core Faculty in Department of Marriage & Family Sciences
- Licensed Marriage & Family Therapist (PA License #: MF000001, CA License #: MFC25029)
- Clinical Fellow of the American Association for Marriage & Family Therapy (1989-present)
- Past President of the Association for Marital and Family Therapy Regulatory Boards (AMFTRB)
Past Chair of the Pennsylvania State Board of Social Workers, Marriage & Family Therapists and Professional Counselors