Areas of Expertise:
- Health Administration
- Research Methods
- Speech-Language Pathology
- Scientific Writing
- PhD, Seton Hall University
- MA, Queens College of the City University of New York
- BS, Mercy College
- Communication Skills in Girls with Rett Syndrome: Perceptions of Parents and Professionals
Research Areas of Interest:
- Communication skills in individuals with complex communication needs
- Healthcare trends
- Townend, G. S., Bartolotta, T. E., Urbanowicz, A., Wandin, H., & Curfs, L. M. (2020).
Development of consensus-based guidelines for managing communication of individuals with Rett syndrome. Augmentative and Alternative Communication, 36(2), 71-81.
- Townend G.S., Bartolotta, T.E., Urbanowicz, A., Wandin, H., & Curfs L.M.G. (2020).
Rett syndrome communication guidelines: a handbook for therapists, educators and families. Rett Expertise Centre Netherlands-GKC, Maastricht, NL, and Rettsyndrome.org, Cincinnati, OH.
- Bartolotta, T., & Rizzolo, D. (2019). Recognizing autism spectrum disorder. Journal of the American Academy of Physician Assistants, 32(8), 22-26.
- Townend, G., Bartolotta, T., Garrett, S., Urbanowicz, A., Wandin, H., & Curfs, L. (2016). Development of international clinical guidelines for the management of communication in individuals with Rett syndrome. Published proceedings in Wiener Medizinische Wochenschrift International Medical Journal, Vienna, Austria, pp. 397 – 398.
- Remshifski, P.A., & Bartolotta, T.E. (2016). Using eye gaze to access an augmentative communication device for persons with RTT. Published proceedings in Wiener Medizinische Wochenschrift International Medical Journal, Vienna, Austria, p. 383.
Select Professional Experience:
- Professor of Speech-Language Pathology, Monmouth University
- Director of Speech-Language Pathology, Tender Ones Therapy Services
- Dean of Health Sciences and Professor of Speech-Language Pathology, Stockton University
- Associate Dean for Health Sciences and Associate Professor of Speech-Language Pathology, Seton Hall University
- Assistant Professor, Kean University