Areas of Expertise:
- Reseasrch Methodology
- Consumer Behavior
- PhD Virginia Polytechnic and State University, Blacksburg, VA
- MSBA Univerity of Massachusetts, Amherst, MA
- BA Syracuse University, Syracuse, NY
- An Experimental Investigation on the Effects of Product Line Pricing Characterisitcs on Product Evaluations
Research Areas of Interest:
- Online Learning and Pedagogy
- Broad research interests in the area of adult education
- business strategy
- consumer behavior
- employee engagement and turnover
- Stephen Newell, Bob T. Wu, Philip A. Titus, and Susan M. Petroshius (2011) "The Role of Shopping Sophistication in Creating Satisfying Purchase Outcomes," American Journal of Business, Vol. 26, Issue 2, p. 124-144.
- Bob T. Wu, Philip A. Titus, Stephen Newell and Susan M. Petroshius (2011) "Consumer Sophistication: The Development of a Scale Measuring a Neglected Concept," Marketing Management Journal, Vol. 21, Issue 1 (Spring), p. 16-30.
- Bob Wu, Susan M. Petroshius and Stephen Newell (2004), "The Impact of Discount Magnitude and Acceptable Range on Consumers' Value Perceptions," Association of Marketing Theory and Practice, March. Received the "Best Paper in Track" Award.
- Bob T. Wu, Susan M. Petroshius and Stephen S. Newell, (2003), "The Impact of Store Image, Frequency of Discount and Discount Magnitude in Consumers' Value Perceptions and Search Intention," Journal of Marketing Management, Vol. 14, No.1 (Spring), p. 14-29.
- Susan M. Petroshius, Stephen Newell and Steve Ross (1995), "An Investigation of the Role of Hispanic Acculturation on Media Exposure, Coupon Use and Brand Loyalty," Mid-American Journal of Business, Vol. 10, No. 2 (Fall), pp. 35-44.
- Susan M. Petroshius, Philip A. Titus and Kathryn Hatch, (1995), "Physician Attitudes Toward Pharmaceutical Drug Advertising," Journal of Advertising Research, Vol. 35, No. 6, (Nov./Dec.,) pp. 41-51.
- Susan M. Petroshius, Kenneth E. Crocker, Bob T. Wu, James S. West and Tracy Wolfe (1993), "Strategies for Improving Corporate Philanthropy Toward Health Care Providers," Journal of Health Care Marketing, Vol. 13, No. 4, Winter, pp. 10-25.
- Bob T. Wu, Susan M. Petroshius, Kenneth E. Crocker and James S. West (1994), "Effects of Charitable Contributions and Personalization on Responses from Corporate Mail Survey Respondents," Mid-American Journal of Business, Vol. 9, No. 1, pp. 55-62.
- Susan M. Petroshius and Kenneth E. Crocker (1989), "An Empirical Analysis of Spokesperson Characteristics on Advertisement and Product Evaluations," Journal of the Academy of Marketing Science, Vol. 17, No. 3, pp. 217-225.
- Susan M. Petroshius and Kent B. Monroe (1986), "Effect of Product Line Pricing Characteristics on Product Evaluations," Journal of Consumer Research, pp. 511-519.
Selected Professional Experience:
- Professor Emeritus, Bowling Green State Uniiversity, Bowling Green, OH.
- Professor of Marketing, Bowling Green State University.
- Chair, Department of Marketing, Bowling Green State University.
- Univeristy Strategic Planning Committee, Bowling Green State University.
- Facutly Research Committee, Bowling Green State University.
- Program Review Commiteee, Bowling Green State University.
- AACSB Accreditation Task Force, College of Businees, BGSU.
- Founding Editor, Journal for Advancement of Marketing Education, 2000-2011
- Editorial Review Board, Journal of Marketing Education,1994-Present
- Fellow, Marketing Management Association, Spring, 2011
- Professional Memberships
- American Marketing Association
- Online Learning Consortium
- Marketing Management Association