Areas of Expertise:
- Alternative Dispute Resolution
- Organization Behavior and Theory
- Governmental Processes/Agenda Setting
- PhD, Public Administration and Policy, Psychology concentration, Old Dominion University, Virginia
- Master of Public Administration, Conflict Resolution concentration, Old Dominion University, Virginia
- BS in Political Science, Early Childhood Education minor concentration, Old Dominion University, Virginia
- Exploring the relationship between media influence and policy output: A state comparative study
Research Areas of Interest:
- Peace and Conflict Studies
- Political Psychology
- Certificate in Alternative Dispute Resolution
- Certificate in Mapping Complex Social Problems
Joannou Menefee, S. (2015). Conflict in Collaborations: To Resolve or Transform? In J.C. Morris, & K. Miller-Stevens, Advancing Collaboration Theory: Models, typologies, and evidence (pp. 133-147). New York, NY: Routledge.
Machado, J. S., Miller-Stevens, K., & Joannou Menefee, S. (2015). Nonprofit Collaborative Advocacy: An Exploratory Study of State Nonprofit Associations. In J. C. Morris, & K. Miller-Stevens, Advancing Collaboration Theory: Models, typologies, and evidence (pp. 199-218). New York, NY: Routledge.
Mengistu, B., & Menefee, S. (2015). The transformation of violence to peace: Sketches of leadership skills that matter. Journal of Public Administration, 50(3), 522-531.
Select Professional Experience:
- Adjunct Professor of Political Science, University of North Georgia
- Adjunct Professor of Public Administration, Old Dominion University
- Re-entry Program Development and Implementation, Norfolk Sheriff’s Office
- Director of Programs, Volunteer Oversight, and Governmental Relations, Reading Enriches All Children
- Director of Governmental Relations and Research, ForKIDS, Inc.
- Director of Governmental Relations, Old Dominion University