Areas of Expertise:
- Health Adminstration
- DHA Central Michigan University, Mt. Pleasant Michigan
- MPA Golden Gate University San Francisco CA.
- BA Sacremento State University Sacremento CA.
- A Comparitive Analysis of Career Development Programs in Developing a Viable Health Professions Pipeline
Research Areas of Interest:
- Health Professions Development
- Diversity and Inclusion
- Ethics in Healthcare Management
Certifications and /or licenses:
- Life Fellow in the American College of Health Care Executive (LFACHE)
- Collins C., Daniels F., Evans R., Howard D., Lofton M. and Roberts V. (2008). The National Association of Health Services Executives: 40 Years of Breaking the Color Line in Health Care Management. Washington D.C.: National Association of Health Services Executives. ISBN: 978-0-615-24929-2. BOOK
- Evans, R. (2008) .Textbook Chapter: Work Force Diversity in Healthcare Management, Human Resources Healthcare, Third Edition, Fried and Fottler, 2008, Health Administration Press.
- Evans, R. (2008). Abstract, Competency Based Curriculum Model for Graduate Studies in Health Administration, Harvard/Marcy Institute, Harvard Medical School, Cambridge MA • Evans, R. (2008). Textbook Chapter: Organizational Culture and Ethic in Healthcare, Healthcare Organizational Development, Johnson, J.A., 2008, Jones and Bartlett.
- Evans, R. (2005). Textbook Chapter: Work Force Diversity in Healthcare Management, Human Resources Healthcare, second Edition, Johnson and Fried 2005, Health Administration Press.
- Evans, R., (2002). Book Chapter, Trials to Triumphs, Perspectives from Successful Healthcare Leaders, Lloyd/Wegmiller/Wright, Health Administration Press, Chicago
- Evans, R. Johnson, J., Garman, A., & Kletke, P., (2012). Meeting the Challenge: Can Career Development and Targeted Enrichment Programs insure a Viable Health Careers Pipeline, SAGE Publications;2455 Teller Road, Thousand Oaks, CA 91320
- Lu, Ning, Evans, R., (2010). Rural-Urban differences in hospital performance in the United States, Abstract submitted to the 138th American Public Health Association Meeting and Expo.(Publication in progress)
- Evans, R. (2008). Diversity in Healthcare Management, Encyclopedia of Health Services Research, Sage Publication. Garman, A., Evans, R., Krause, M.K., & Anfossi, J. (2006).
- Evans, R. (2009). Ethics Matter in Association Management, FORUM(Journal of Association Management)
- Evans, R. (2008). Abstract, Competency Based Curriculum Model for Graduate Studies in Health Administration, Harvard/Marcy Institute, Harvard Medical School, Cambridge MA
- Evans, R. (2008). Mentoring in Healthcare Management, Hospitals News, Atlanta Ga. (Spring 2007)
Select Professional Experience:
- GOVERNORS STATE UNIVERSITY, UNIVERSITY PARK, IL 2012 – Present Chairman and Director of the Health Administration Department Full Professor (Tenured)
- RUSH UNIVERSITY, CHICAGO, IL 2002 – 2006 Assistant Professor: Course director for the following Graduate Health Systems Management Program courses (Part Time)
- DESIR GROUP EXECUTIVE SEARCH 2006 - 2010 Senior Vice President: Executive search consultant specializing in diversity in healthcare nationally.
- TREPUR LLC, HEALTHCARE MANAGEMENT, AND DIVERSITY CONSULTING 2004 –2009 Principal Partner: Full services management and diversity consulting practice specializing in healthcare organizations globally.
- INSTITUTE FOR DIVERSITY IN HEALTH MANAGEMENT, CHICAGO, IL 1998 - 2004 President and Chief Executive Officer The Institute for Diversity in Health Management is the premier institution for advancing diversity and inclusion in healthcare in the nation. A 501c(3) corporation founded by the American Hospital Association, American College of Health Care Executives, National Association of Health Services Executives, the Association of Hispanic Health Executives and the Catholic Health Association of the United States.
- ERIE FAMILY HEALTH CENTER, Chicago IL. 1995 – 1998 President and Chief Executive Officer One of the largest Federally Qualified Community Health Center in Chicago, third largest in Illinois.
- 651ST MEDICAL SQUADRON, Kelly AFB TX. 1993 -1995 Administrator and Chief Executive Officer of a Primary Care and Occupational Health Center The facility is one of the main feeder ambulatory healthcare facilities to the 1200 bed Wilfred Hall Medical Center, the Air Force’s largest academic teaching medical center
- FACULTY / PRESENTATION EXPERIENCES
- Juried presentation at the 138th American Public Health Association Meeting and Expo, Rural-Urban differences in hospital performance in the United States November 10, 2010
- Key note Presentation at the 2010 Association Forum of Greater Chicago Land, Diversity Scholars conference. “The Art and Process of Mentoring”.
- Presentation at the October 2010 meeting of the Southland Chamber of Commerce meeting, Healthcare Reform 101.
- Facilitator of the National Association of health Services Administrators’ Young Health Professionals Forum, 24th Annual Educational Conference October 2009.
- Facilitator at the Joliette Community Colleges: Tribute to Men of Color, June, 2009.
- Speaker at the National Association of Health Services Executives, Senior Executive Leadership Forum May 7, 20009.
- Panel speaker at the National Association of Health Services Executives (NAHSE) annual mentoring event at Northwestern Memorial Hospital, August 20, 2008.
- Key presenter at the Joliette Community Colleges: Tribute to Men of Color, June 12, 2008.
- Poster Presentation (Competency Model for Graduate Health Administration Curriculum), Harvard /Macy Institute, Harvard Medical School, Cambridge MA. May 2008.
- Leadership Positions
- Regent Metroplotan Chicago/Northern Illinois ACHE
- Chairman The New Roseland Committee Hospital
- Senior Vice Commander Post 311 Veterans of Foreign Wars
- Advisor to GSU Brother2Brother Program
- Presidents Planning Budgeting and Accounting Council Member
- Co-chair, Higher Learning Commission Criterion V Task Group Executive Director for the Thapelo Institute
- Board of the African American Healthcare Council
- ACHE Regents Advisory Council
- ACHE National Nominating Committee
- Board of Directors, National Association of Health services Executive Research Committee Member
- Mentor, GSU Latino Center of Excellence Program
- Member of the CHHS Curriculum Committee