Areas of Expertise:
- Nursing Education
- Faculty Training
- Nursing Executive Leadership
- Clinical Practice
- DNP, Doctor of Nursing Practice; Nurse Education and Executive Leadership, Touro University
- MSN, Family Nurse Practitioner and Clinical Nurse Specialist, University of South Alabama
- FNP-BC, National Board Certification, American Nurses Credentialing Center (ANCC)
- NP-C, National Board Certification, American Nurse Practitioner Association (AANP)
- BSN, University of Central Florida
- Doctoral Project: Effective Teaching Methods for Online Nurse Education
Research Areas of Interest:
- Innovative teaching methods
- Faculty and student engagement
- Health Equity
- Geiger, R. & Haskins, L. (2020). The Significance of Health Promotions and Work-Life Balance for Women in Politics. In D. Rosser-Mimms, J. R. McNellis, J. Johnson-Bailey, & C. Egan (Eds.) Pathways into the Political Arena: Perspectives of Global Women Leaders. Charlotte, NC: IAP.
- Geiger, R. A & Haddad, L. M., (2020). Nursing Ethical Considerations. In StatPearls. StatPearls Publishing.
- Geiger, R. (2018). MDA, PPMD, Treat-NMD and World Duchenne Organization Release New Duchenne Guide for Families. News Living with Muscular Dystrophy, Strongly, MDA; NY.
- Geiger, R., Bogdan, B., & Kerley, L. (2016). Nurse Professional and Ethics: Specialty Review and Self-Assessment. In StatPearls. StatPearls Publishing.
Select Professional Experience:
- Lead Faculty, Colorado Technical University College of Nursing and Health Studies
- Adjunct Faculty: Maryville University, Walden University, Chamberlain University
- Vice President Care & Clinical Services, Muscular Dystrophy Association
- Head Nurse, Community Care North Florida/ South Georgia Veterans Health System
- Co-Owner, Ovita Health, PLLC
- Board Member, North Central Florida Nurse Practitioner Association
- Editorial Board, StatPearls: Editor-In-Chief, Nurse Professional Ethics & Nurse Practitioner Advanced Health Assessment