Areas of Expertise:
- Special Education
- Gifted Education
- International Education
- PhD, Northcentral University, AZ
- MA, Augustana University, SD
- A Comparison of High and Low Performing Schools in the Soroti Catholic Diocese, Uganda, East Africa
Research Areas of Interest:
- Significant Disproportionality in Special Education
- Reading Instruction in Low and Middle-Income Countries,
- Twice-Exceptional Students in Gifted Education
Certifications and /or licenses:
- State of Iowa Permanent Professional (lifetime) Certificate in multiple content areas including K-12 Special Education Director, K-12 Gifted Education, 7-12 English and 7-12 Mass Communications
- State of Nebraska Professional Teacher, K-12 Special Education and Gifted Education
- National Board Certified Teacher, Early Adolescence grades 5-8 (Generalist)
- TESOL Certification (level 6)
- State of Colorado Teaching License, English Language Arts, Speech, Gifted/Special Education
- Davis. P. (2021) Literature Review: Self-Learning Modules (SLMs) in Low and Middle-Income Countries (L&MISCs). San Francisco: Room to Read.
- Davis, P. (2020), Curriculum Guide for No Barriers Young Adult Version, McMillan.
- Davis, P. (2018) Literary Resource Guide. Catapult Learning/Department of Defense.
- Davis, P. (2016), English Language Arts Guide for Touch the Top, Erik Weihenmayer Memoir. Boulder: No Barriers Press.
Selected Professional Experience:
- Distinguished Core Faculty, Northcentral University
- Core Faculty, American College of Education
- International Facilitation Fellow, University of Texas Dana Center
- President & CEO, De Novo Learning. Inc.
- Lead Consultant, McREL International
- National Implementation Specialist, Scholastic. Inc.
- Director of Education, Opportunity Education Foundation
- Classroom Teacher and Director of Special Services, select schools in Iowa and Nebraska (15 years)
- International Facilitation Fellow, Dana Center, University of Texas (2015 – 2018)
- National Christa McAuliffe Fellow
- Time Magazine Teacher of the Year Finalist
- USA Today, All-American Teacher, 3rd Team