Areas of Expertise:
- Managing technology and information
- Networks and telecommunications
- Cyber Security
- Databases and data analytics
- Geographic information systems
- PhD, Management Information Systems, Indiana University at Bloomington, 1992.
- Graduate Certificate, Public Management, Indiana University School of Public and Environmental Affairs at Bloomington, 1991.
- M.B.A., Management, Oklahoma City University, Oklahoma City, 1989.
- B.S., Geology, Texas Tech University, Lubbock, 1975.
- Individual decision-maker performance with and without a geographic information system: An empirical investigation.
Research Areas of Interest:
- Spatial decision support systems
- Usage and acceptance of technology
- Delen, D. and Crossland, M.D. (2008). Seeding the survey and analysis of research literature with text mining, Expert Systems with Applications, Volume 34, No. 3, pp. 1707-1720. URL: http://linkinghub.elsevier.com/retrieve/pii/S0957417407000486.
- Guard, L.M., Crossland, M.D., Paprzycki, M., and Thomas, J.P. (2004) “Developing an empirical study of how qualified subjects might be selected for IT system security penetration testing.” Annales UMCS Informatica, Vol. II, pp. 413-424.
- Mennecke, B.E., Crossland, M.D., and Killingsworth, B. (2000). “Is a Map More Than a Picture? The Role of SDSS Technology, Subject Characteristics, and Problem Complexity on Map Reading and Problem Solving.” MIS Quarterly, Vol. 24, No. 4, pp. 601-629.
- Crossland, M.D., Herschel, R.T., Perkins, W.C., and Scudder, J.N. (2000). “The Impact of Cognitive Style on Decision-Making Effectiveness Using a Geographic Information System.” Journal of End User Computing, Vol. 12, No. 1, pp. 14-23.
- Crossland, M.D., B.E. Wynne, & W.C. Perkins . “Spatial decision support systems: An overview of technology and a test of efficacy,” Decision Support Systems, Vol. 14, pp. 219-235.
Select Profession Experience:
- Professor and Chair of Computer Information Systems programs, MidAmerica Nazarene University
- Associate Vice President for Instructional Technology and Online Education, MidAmerica Nazarene University
- Associate Vice President for Technology and Chief Technology Officer, MidAmerica Nazarene University
- Dean of Academic Affairs and Operations, South University
- Professor and Dean of the ORU Online Campus, Oral Roberts University
- Associate Professor of Management Science and Information Systems, Oklahoma State University
- Associate Professor and Director of Information Technology, College of Business Administration at Missouri State University
- Development Coordinator of the Integrated Exploration and Production System, Tenneco Oil Company