Areas of Expertise:
- Business Management
- Accounting Application & Theory, Taxation
- Doctor of Business Administration – Minority Entrepreneurship, Walden University, Minnesota
- Master of Science in Accounting (in progress), Northcentral University, Arizona
- Master of Business Administration, Strayer University, Virginia
- Bachelor of Business Administration, Strayer University, Virginia
- Barriers to Microenterprise Initialization, Growth, and Success (2014)
Research Areas of Interest:
- Small Business Development
- Bakari, M. T. & Diala-Nettles, I (2015). Microenterprise owners: Challenges with initialization, growth, and success. International Journal of Advancements in Research and Technology, 4(7), 78-83.
- Bakari, M. T. (2015). The small business: Lessons from minority business owners [Kindle DX), www.amazon.com
- Madu, M. & Bakari, M. (2016). Small business owners in Pennsylvania: A case study. International Journal of Advancements in Research and Technology, 5(5), 17-22.
- Owen, M.E. & Bakari, M.T. (2018). Pursuing Leadership Roles in Chambers of Commerce: A Racioethnic Perspective. Submitted for publication 12/30/2018 to IJoART.
- Pending submission. Bakari, M. T. and Wood, J. (2019). Job satisfaction, embeddedness, and turnover intentions in psychiatric hospitals.
Select Professional Experience:
- Program Lead for MSA, Specialization Lead for Accounting. Academic Reader – Northcentral University
- University Research Reviewer, Lead Faculty in Business Studies – California Intercontinental University
- Faculty Lead for Business Studies – Stratford University
- Instructor – Stratford University, Capella University, Strayer University
- Owner & CEO IncomeTaxPlus, Inc., Newport News, Virginia
- Small Women & Minority-owned (SWAM) business member – Commonwealth of Virginia
- Member Warwick-Denbigh Business Owners Association, Newport News, Virginia
- Member-at-large Colony Pines Residents’ Association