Areas of Expertise:
- Business management
- Small and micro business research
- DBA from Walden University (2014)
- MBA from Strayer University (2010)
- Bakari, M. T. (2014). Barriers to Microenterprise Initialization, Growth, and Success (Doctoral dissertation, Walden University).
- Madu, M., & Bakari, M. (2016). Small business owners in Pennsylvania: A case study. International Journal of Advancements in Research & Technology, 5(5), 17-22. Retrieved from https//www.ijoart.org
- Bakari, M., & Diala-Nettles, I. (2015). Microenterprise Owners: Challenges with Initialization, Growth, and Success. International Journal of Advancements in Research & Technology, 4 (7), 78-82. Retrieved from https//www.ijoart.org
Selected Professional Experience:
- Dr. Bakari remains involved with local business owners in her home city of Newport News, Virginia by providing accounting, payroll, and tax services. Dr. Bakari has owned and operated her company since 2008, is a registered tax preparer with the Internal Revenue Service, a tax consultant, and is a notary public for the Commonwealth of Virginia. She is an active member of the Denbigh-Warwick Business Association and the Air War College Alumni. She also had the privilege of attending the National Security Forum in 2016.