Areas of Expertise:
- Health behavior change
- Designing, implementing, and evaluating interventions to improve adherence
- Qualitative methodology
- Is Behavior Change Sustainable for Diet, Exercise, and Medication Adherence?
- Ph.D., Clinical Psychology with a Health Emphasis from Yeshiva University
- M.A. Clinical Psychology, Yeshiva University
- B.A. Psychology, Pace University
Rodriguez, M.A. DiGiovanni, A., Wang, B., Friedberg, J., Wylie-Rosset, Hyoung, S., & Natarajan, S. (2019). A Tailored Behavioral Intervention to Promote Adherence to DASH Diet. American Journal of Health Behavior, 43, 4, 659-670.
Rodriguez, M.A. & Garcia-Rodriguez, A. (2018). Suicidality and Survival in Puerto Rican Literature. In O. Cakairtas, A.C. Trinidad, & S. Kiziltas (Eds.), The Politics of Traumatic Literature: Narrating Human Psyche and Memory (pp.88-98). Newcastle, United Kingdom: Cambridge Scholars Publishing.
Rodriguez, M.A. (2017). The Experience of Stress and Anxiety in Older Adults with Type II Diabetes. In K. Moore & P. Buchwald (Eds.), Stress and Anxiety: Coping and Resilience (pp. 187-197). Berlin, Germany: Logos Verlag.
Selected Professional Experience:
- Associate Professor, Pontifical Catholic University of Peru
- Health Science Specialist, Department of Veterans Affairs
- Member of the Executive Board and manuscript reviewer of the Revista de Psicologia (Journal of Psychology)