Areas of Expertise:
- Research methodology
- Research ethics
- Social Policy, advocacy, and policy practice
- Homeless populations
- PhD -- Ohio State University, Columbus, OH
- MSW -- Ohio State University, Columbus, OH
- BES -- Thomas More College, Crestview Hills, KY
- Diploma – Bethesda Hospital School of Nursing
In and out of homelessness and making it on my own: A qualitative study of rural homeless women.
- Cummins, L. K. & Sevel, J.A. (2017). Social work skills for beginning direct practice: Text, workbook, and web-based interactive case studies (4th ed.). Columbus, OH: Pearson
- Cummins, L.K., Byers, K.V., & Pedrick, L. (2011). Policy practice for social workers: New strategies for a new era [w/interactive software]. Boston: Allyn & Bacon
- DiNitto, D. w/ Cummins, L.K. (2005). Social welfare: Politics and public policy. (6ed.) Boston: Allyn and Bacon.
- Cummins, L. K. (2001). Homelessness among rural women. In Robert Moore [Eds.] The hidden America: Social problems in rural America for the 21st century. Cranbury, NJ: Associated University Presses.
- Cummins, L.K., First, R.J., and Toomey, B.G. (1998). Comparisons of rural and urban homeless women. Affilia, 13(4), 435-453.
- Toomey, B., First, R., Greenlee, R., and Cummins, L (1993). Counting the rural homeless: Political and methodological dilemmas. Social Work Research and Abstracts, 29(4), 23-27.
Selected Professional Experience:
- Associate Professor, Barry University, School of Social Work, Miami Shores, FL
- Assistant Professor, Indiana University, School of Social Work
- Assistant Professor, Illinois State University, Social Work Dept.
- Registered Nurse working in critical care 1970-1986
- Organic farmer and goat herder