Areas of Expertise:
- Academic Writing & Publishing
- Qualitative Research
- Adult and Higher Education
- Distance Education
- Jewish Education
- Organizational Evaluation
- Ed.D., Columbia University, New York
- M.A., Counseling Psychology, University of Witwatersrand, Johannesburg, South Africa
- M.A., Organizational Psychology, University of Witwatersrand, Johannesburg, South Africa
- M.A., Jewish Education, Siegal College of Judaic Studies, Cleveland Ohio
- B.A. Honors, University of Witwatersrand, Johannesburg, South Africa
- Adult Learning and Distance Education: A Case Study of a Learning Community in Jewish Higher Education
- Bloomberg, L. D. & Volpe, M. (2019). Completing Your Qualitative Dissertation: A Road Map From Beginning to End. (4th ed.). Thousand Oaks, CA: Sage.
- Bloomberg, L. D. (2018). Contributor, The Sage Encyclopedia of Educational Research, Measurement, and Evaluation. Frey, B. (Ed.), Thousand Oaks, CA: Sage.
- Bloomberg, L. D. (2010). Jewish Education: Reflections on Research and Practice. Journal of Education and Sociology, ISSN: 2078-032X 3, 64-70
- Bloomberg, L. D., Cseh, M., Marsick, V. J., O’Connor, B., Van der Veen, R., et al (2009) Learning Intercultural Understanding in Public Places. In: Daly, K. Schugurensky, D. & Lopes, K. (eds) Learning Democracy by Doing: Alternative Practices in Citizenship Eduction and Participatory Education. Toronto: Transformative Learning Center, Ontario Institute for Studies in Education, University of Toronto, pp 531-538. http://tlc.oise.utoronto.ca/wordpress/conferences/
- Bloomberg, L. D. (2008). Shaping a research agenda by building on what we now know. In R. L. Goodman, P. Flexner, & L. D. Bloomberg (Eds.). What we now know about Jewish Education: Perspectives on research for practice. (pp. 563-580). Los Angeles, CA: Torah Aura Publications.
- Bloomberg, L. D. (2008). Where to from here? In R. L. Goodman, P. Flexner, & L. D. Bloomberg (Eds.). What we now know about Jewish Education: Perspectives on research for practice. (pp. 587-588). Los Angeles, CA: Torah Aura Publications.
- Bloomberg, L. D. (2008). How a learning community enhances individual learning in a graduate distance education program. Journal of Jewish Education, 74, 2, 181-200.
Selected Professional Experience:
- Reviewer and Editor for SAGE and Elsevier Publishers. Work includes Humphrey, R. Modern Leadership: New Approaches and Traditional Theories, and Sloane, J. Learning to Think Strategically: New Frontiers in Learning.
- Reviewer of presentation papers for Annual Transformative Learning Conference, Teachers College, Columbia University, New York, October 2014.
- Teaching Faculty to Teach Online: A Comprehensive Faculty Development Program. 30th Annual Conference on Distance Teaching and Learning, University of Madison, Wisconsin. August 13-15, 2014.
- Teaching Faculty to Teach Online: A Comprehensive Faculty Development Program. The Pennsylvania State System of Higher Education (PASSHE) virtual conference, February 9-16 2015, Transforming the Teaching & Learning Environment: Virtual session using Blackboard Collaborate as the delivery platform.
- Evaluating Teaching Quality. Poster presentation, WASC ARC, Burlingame, CA, April 2018.