Area of Expertise:
- Organizational Behavior
- Research Methods and Behavioral Statistics
- Information Systems Management.
- PhD in Business Administration (leadership, organizational behavior, behavioral statistics, and managing information systems), University of Nebraska
- MBA, University of Nebraska
- Transparency, translucence or opacity? An experimental study of the impact of a leader's relational transparency and style of humor delivery on follow creative performance.
- Henrichs, H., Hughes, L.W., Kozlowski, L., Kyle, E., Sharma, H., Feng, S., & Pandya, I. (forthcoming). Steelcase Education Grant- Retrospective comparative study of active learning strategies.
- Provaznik, B., & Hughes, L.W. (2013). It’s how we do things here: Regional population personality and corruption. Economics & Business Journal: Inquiries and Perspectives.
- Norman, S.M., Larson, M.D., Hughes, L.W., & Avey, J.B. (2013). Birds of a feather: Leader-follower PsyCap congruence and related employee attitudes. International Leadership Journal.
- Hughes, L.W., Gardner, W.L., & Norman, S.M. (2010). The mediating role of positivity in transparent and trustful leader-follower relations. Journal of Business and Leadership: Research, Practice and Teaching, 7(1).
- Hughes, L.W., Avey, J.B., & Nixon, D.R. (2010). Relationships between leadership and follower quitting intentions and job search behaviors. Journal of Leadership and Organizational Studies.
- Hayes, S., Hodge, K., & Hughes, L.W. (2009). A study of the efficacy of Altman’s Z to predict bankruptcy of specialty retail firms doing business in contemporary times. Economics & Business Journal: Inquiries & Perspectives, 1(1).
- Hughes, L.W., Provaznik, B., & Avey, J.B. (2009). Dying the black sheep: The marginalization of ingroup deviants. Economics & Business Journal: Inquiries & Perspectives, 1(1).
- Provaznik, B., Hughes, L.W., & Avey, J.B. (2009). Pushing the margins: A dynamic model of idiosyncrasy credit in top management team behavior. Journal of Business and Leadership: Research, Practice and Teaching.
- Hughes, L.W., & Avey, J.B. (2009). Transforming with levity: Humor, leadership and follower attitudes. Leadership and Organizational Development Journal 30(6).
Selected Professional Experience:
- Twelve years as a senior director of human resources in the software development and advanced technology industry.