Areas of Expertise:
- Nursing Practice
- Nursing Care of Adults and Geriatric Clients
- DNP from East Carolina University with a focus on nursing leadership
- Doctor of Education (EdD) from Argosy University, Atlanta in higher education leadership
- Master of Science in Nursing (MSN) from Andrews University
- Bachelor of Science in Nursing (BSN) from Tennessee Technological University
DNP Capstone and Dissertation:
- Doctoral Nursing Project: Enhancing awareness of culturally-sensitive care for veterans
- Dissertation: Nursing faculty attitudes toward inclusion of students with disabilities in nursing education programs.
Research Areas of Interest:
- Nursing students with disabilities
- Geriatric nursing
Select Profession Experience, Certifications and Memberships:
- Director of Acute Care and Medical/Surgical Nursing – Tennova HealthCare
- Dean of Nursing – Methodist University; Pellissippi State Community College; Georgia Northwestern Technical College
- Faculty, Chair and Founding Dean in several nursing education programs in the Southeast.
- Tennessee licensed Registered Nurse and Advanced Practice Nurse.
- Certified by the American Nurses Credentialing Center (ANCC) as a Clinical Nurse Specialist in Adult/Gerontological Nursing and Nurse Executive.
- Member of the American Nurses Association, Tennessee Nurses Association, Sigma Theta Tau International Nursing Honor Society.