Distinguished Core Adjunct Professor, Department of Psychology
Exempt/Expedited Reviewer and Full Board Member, NCU IRB
Areas of Expertise:
- Clinical Psychology / Integrative Mental Health
- Psychotherapy / Art Therapy
- Multiculturalism / Acculturation / Migration / Social Justice
- LGBTQ+ / Gender Identity
- PhD – Clinical Psychology; Capella University, Minneapolis, MN
- MA – Clinical Psychology; New College of California, San Francisco, CA
- BA – Counseling/Clinical Psychology; San Jose State University, San Jose, CA
- A Comparison of Adoptive Gay and Adoptive Heterosexual Fathers: Differences in their Perception of Parenting Abilities, Level of Parental Stress, Style of Parenting, and Available Social Support.
Research Areas of Interest:
- Multicultural psychology and psychotherapy
- Psychology of gender identity and sexual orientation
- Psychology of family systems (blended families, alternative families, adoptions, parenting)
- Stress management, chronic illness, and psychoneuroimmunology
- Rubin, S., & Lichtanski, K. (2015). Existential Therapy. In E.S. Neukrug (Ed.), “The Sage Encyclopedia of Theory in Counseling and Psychotherapy”(pp. 368 -374). doi:10.4135/9781483346502.n128
Select Professional Experience:
- Core Faculty, Director of Clinical Training and Field Placement; Saybrook University, Oakland, CA.
- Former Adjunct Faculty: New College of California, University of San Francisco, San Francisco City College
- Former Post-doctoral Fellow: University of San Francisco – Counseling and Psychological Services; City College of San Francisco – Psychological Services.
- Member: Editorial Board – Journal of Humanistic Psychology (Sage), APA - Division 32, California Psychology Internship Consortium, California Regionally-Accredited Psychology Programs Group.