Areas of Expertise
- Marriage and family therapy
- Multicultural competency in mental health treatment and education
- Distance education
- Military families and couples
- Program evaluation
- PhD, University of Connecticut, Human Development and Family Studies (Marriage and Family Therapy)
- MEd, University of Oregon, Couple and Family Therapy
- BA, Pennsylvania State University, Philosophy and Mathematics
- Measuring youth perceptions of positive youth development programs: Measurement invariance across gender, age, and racial-ethnic group
- Ruff, S. C., & Harrison, K. (2020). “Ask Me What I Want”: Community-based participatory research to explore transition-age foster Youth’s use of support services. Children and Youth Services Review, 108, 104608. https://doi.org/10.1016/j.childyouth.2019.104608
- Anderson, S. R., Anderson, S. A., Palmer (Harrison), K. L., Mutchler, M. S., Baker, L. K. (2011). Defining high conflict. American Journal of Family Therapy, 39, 11–27.
- Palmer (Harrison), K., Anderson, S. A., & Sabatelli, R. M. (2009). How is the after school field defining program quality?: A review of effective program practices and definitions of program quality. Afterschool Matters, 9, 1-21.
- Chronister, K., Linville, D., & Palmer (Harrison), K. (2008). Women domestic violence survivors’ career counseling experiences: A qualitative investigation. Journal of Career Development, 34, 339-361.
Selected Professional Experience
- Clinical Fellow, American Association for Marriage and Family Therapy (AAMFT)
- Licensed Marriage and Family Therapist (LMFT), Michigan
- AAMFT Approved Supervisor
- Fellow, SAMHSA/AAMFT Minority Fellowship Program (2008 – 2010)
- Certified Gottman Educator (Bringing Baby Home program)