Areas of Expertise:
- Marriage and family therapy
- Multicultural competency in mental health treatment and education
- Distance education
- Military families and couples
- Program evaluation
- Doctor of Philosophy, Human Development and Family Studies, University of Connecticut, Storrs, CT
- Master of Education, Counseling, Family, and Human Services, University of Oregon, Eugene, OR
- Bachelor of Arts, Philosophy and Mathematics, Pennsylvania State University, State College, PA
- Measuring youth perceptions of positive youth development programs: Measurement invariance across gender, age, and racial-ethnic group
Research Areas of Interest:
- Distance learning and online learning
- Diversity, equity, and inclusion in MFT education
Certifications and /or licenses:
- Licensed Marriage and Family Therapist, Michigan
- AAMFT Approved Supervisor
- Certified Gottman Educator, Bringing Baby Home
- Harrison, K. L. (2021). A call to action: Online learning and distance education in the training of couple and family therapists. Journal of Marital and Family Therapy, 47, 408–423. https://doi.org/10.1111/jmft.12512.
- Ruff, S. C., & Harrison, K. (2020). "Ask Me What I Want": Community-based participatory research to explore transition-age foster Youth's use of support services. Children and Youth Services Review, 108, 104-608. https://doi.org/10.1016/j.childyouth.2019.104608
- Anderson, S. R., Anderson, S. A., Palmer, K. L., Mutchler, M. S., Baker, L. K. (2011). Defining high conflict. American Journal of Family Therapy, 39, 11–27.
- Palmer, K., Anderson, S. A., & Sabatelli, R. M. (2009). How is the after school field defining program quality?: A review of effective program practices and definitions of program quality. Afterschool Matters, 9, 1-21.
- Chronister, K., Linville, D., & Palmer, K. (2008). Women domestic violence survivors' career counseling experiences: A qualitative investigation. Journal of Career Development, 34, 339-361.
Selected Professional Experience:
- Clinical Fellow, American Association for Marriage and Family Therapy