Areas of Expertise:
- Human Resource Development
- Training and Development
- Workforce Development
- PhD, The Ohio State Univeristy, Columbus, Ohio
- The Effects of a Near versus Far Transfer of Training Approach on Trainee's Confidence to Coach Related and Unrelated Tasks
Research Areas of Interest:
Certifications and /or Licenses:
- Certified Instutional Review Board Specialist (CIP)
- Sutton, K.L; Barnard, J.K. & Klein, H.J. Distance learning and learning preferences: Does gender matter? (In Process)
- Barnard, J.K. & Jacobs, R.L. (In Process). Effects of a near versus far transfer of training approach on trainees' confidence to coach related and unrelated tasks, forthcoming Human Resource Development Quarterly.
- Hawley, JD; & Barnard, J.K. (2005). Work environment characteristics and implications for training transfer: A case study of the nuclear power industry. Human Resource Development International,(8),1, 65-80.
- Fry, L; & Barnard, l (2002). Implementing an E-Learning management system for call center employees. In R.1. Jacobs (Ed.), Implementing on-the-job learning (pp. 159-166). Alexandria, VA: American Society for Training and Development.
- Jacobs, R; Barnard, J; & Paek, J. (2003). "Evaluation of the Workforce Programs: Final
- Reports." Eleven separate reports presented to the State of Ohio, Department of Administrative Services and the Ohio Civil Service Employees Association (OCSEA).
- Jacobs, R; Barnard, J; & Paek, J. (2002). "Evaluation of the High Performance Workplace Conference: Interim Report." One of several reports presented to the State of Ohio, Department of Administrative Services and the Ohio Civil Service Employees Association (OCSEA).
- Jacobs, R.L; Barnard, J; & Paek, J. (2002). An Evaluation of Participants' Behaviors that
- Contribute to Learning Success and Using Learned Information: Final Report. Prepared for the State of Ohio and the Ohio Civil Service Employees Association (OCSEA).
- Hawley, J.D; Wanstreet, C; & Barnard, J. (2001). Nuclear Training Managers Course: End of Course Evaluation. Prepared for Institute of Nuclear Operations' National Academy for Nuclear Training.
Select Professional Experience:
- 2012 - Present, Distunguished Senior Adjunct Faculty, Northcentral Univiersity
- 2012-2020 Quality Improvement Specialist – SBS Education and Outreach The Ohio State University, Research Foundation, Office of Responsible Research Practices
- 2008- 2012 IRB Administrative Manager (Behavioral and Social Sciences), The Ohio State University; Office of Responsible Research Practices
- 2005-2007 Assistant Professor, Pittsburg State University, Department of Technology, Management: Human Resource Development
- 2007-2020 Member, PRIM&R, Public Responsibility in Medicine and Research