Areas of Expertise:
- Cross-Functional Learning Teams (CFLT)
- Computer programming
- Open-source software
- Health care statistics and data mining
- CNC plasma cutter operation
- Educational technology
- Online teaching
- Cyber security
- North Carolina State University, Raleigh, NC, 1999 Ed.D. - Technology Education, dissertation chair, Dr. Richard Peterson.
- East Carolina University, Greenville, NC, 1992 M.A.Ed. - Business, Vocational, and Technical Education.
- East Carolina University, Greenville, NC, 1989 B.S. - Information Processing and Basic Business Education.
Browning, J. (1999). Analysis of Concepts and Skills Acquisition Differences Between Web-delivered and Classroom-delivered Undergraduate Instructional Technology Courses. (Doctoral dissertation). North Carolina State University, Raleigh, NC.
Research Areas of Interest:
- Cross-functional learning teams
- Open-source operating systems and open-source applications
- Photography and documentary films
Select Professional Experience:
- Dean, NC Community College System
- Adjunct Professor, Coastal Carolina University's
- Director of the Instructional Technology Center -- Watson School of Education, University of North Carolina at Wilmington, Wilmington, NC.
- Computer Coordinator, Brunswick County Public Schools. Bolivia, NC.
- Technology Designer, The Odyssey Project, Gaston County Schools, Gastonia, NC.