Areas of Expertise:
- Medical Family Therapy
- Chronic Illness and Couple Relationships
- Queer Couples
- Qualitative Research Methods
- PhD, Marital and Family Therapy, Loma Linda University, Loma Linda, CA
- M.A., Clinical Psychology, Emphasis in Marriage and Family Therapy, Pepperdine University, Irvine, CA.
- B.A., Psychology, Biola University, La Mirada, CA
- Illness as a relational process: Grounded theory analysis of couple therapy with liver patients and their partners.
Research Areas of Interest:
- Clinical Process Research
- Sociocultural attunement in therapy
Certifications and /or licenses:
- Licensed Marital and Family Therapist (in California)
- AAMFT Approved Supervisor Candidate
- D'Arrigo-Patrick, E., Samman, S., & Knudsen-Martin, C. (2020). Illness as a relational process: Grounded theory analysis of couple therapy with liver patients and their partners. Family Process.
- D'Arrigo-Patrick, J., D'Arrigo-Patrick, E., & Hoff, C. (2018). Colliding discourses: Families negotiating religion, sexuality, and identity. AFTA Springer Brief.
- Galick, A., D'Arrigo-Patrick, E., & Knudson-Martin, C. (2015). Can anyone hear me? Does anyone see me? Women's experiences of heart disease: Implications for Optimal Care. Qualitative Health Research. doi: 10.1177/1049732315584743
- Falke, S. & D'Arrigo-Patrick, E., (2014). Medical family therapists in action: Expanding conventional family therapy practices and embracing multiple roles. Journal of Marital and Family Therapy.
- Falke, S., Lawson, L., Pandit, M., & Patrick, E. (2013). Participant supervision: Supervisor and intern experiences in cotherapy. Journal of Marital and Family Therapy.
Select Professional Experience:
- American Family Therapy Academy
- American Association of Family Therapy
- IRB – Board Member, NCU
- Coordinator of Clinical Training & Program Evaluator, Antioch University New England, 2014 – 2019 (Clinical Mental Health Counseling & Marital and Family Therapy, Applied Psychology)
- Northcentral University: School of Marital and Family Sciences, 2015 - 2019
- Loma Linda University, School of Behavioral Health, 2017 -2019
- California State University, San Bernardino, College of Education, 2016-2018
- California State University, Dominguez Hills, College of Education, 2016 - 2018
- Chapman University, Marital and Family Therapy Program, 2017- 2020
- Director of Clinical Training for Online Program, Antioch University Connect, 2015-2016