Areas of Expertise:
- Curriculum Development
- Adult Education
- PhD, Education, Capella University
- MS, Counseling and Human Development, Troy University
- BSEd, University of Georgia
Dissertation: An Examination of Emotional Intelligence: Its Relationship to Academic Achievement in Army JROTC and the Implications for Education
- Rice, Donna M. (2018). The relationship of emotional intelligence to academic achievement. National Teacher Education Journal, 11(1), 27-32.
- Rice, D. M., Wilson, J., & Bennetts, A. (2018). Effectiveness of a student response system supported curriculum and a middle school leadership program. International Journal of Conceptual Structures and Smart Applications (IJCSSA), 6(1), 48-62. doi:10.4018/IJCSSA.2018010104
- Clapper, T.C., & Rice, D.M. (2017, May). Teaching conflict resolution in the bioecological system: Implementing Winning Colors®. Simulation & Gaming, 48(4), 539-552. doi:10.1177/1046878117709842
- Rice, D.M. (2011), Qualities that exemplify student leadership. ACTE Techniques, 86(5), 28-31.
- Doyle, M., & Rice D. (2002, Nov), A model for instructional leadership. NASSP Principal Leadership.
- Rice, D.M. (Spring 2001), Army's JROTC Program builds character and high caliber capability. Character Education Partnership Newsletter.
Selected Professional Experience:
- DR Consulting: Character, Health and Fitness, Service, and Leadership (CHiSL) interactive curriculum for middle school students
- Director of Education, Training, and Information Technology: U.S. Army JROTC (25 years)
- Director, Army Education Center and Guidance Counselor (5 years)