Areas of Expertise:
- Higher Education
- Math Education (Secondary)
- Teacher Preparation
- EdD Higher Education: Concordia University 2017
- MAS Applied Aerospace Technology: Embry Riddle University 1994
- BS Engineering, USAF Academy 1985
- Freshmen Perspective of Institutional Engagement Strategies.
- 2017: Concordia University, Portland, OR. Dissertation link
Research Areas of Interest:
- Adolescent and young adult education.
- Transitions to new learning environments.
- Leadership Challenges in Education
Certifications and /or licenses:
- National BOard Certified: adolescent and Young Adult Mathematics
- Professional CErtification Secondary Mathematics.
- Comi, D. J. (2020). The Inconvenient Truth About Institutional Engagement: A Qualitative Look at Freshmen Perceptions. Student Engagement in Higher Education Journal, 3(1), 51-73. Retrieved from RAISE Journal Vol 3/1
- "First Year Engagement: The Transition to University." iManager's Journal on Educational Psychology (May/July) 2019. 54-66. DOI:10.26634/jpsy.13.1.15847. JPSY Link
Select Professional Experience:
- Asst Professor of Education (2015-2020)
- Math Department Chair Secondary education (2005-2015)
- Director Long-Range Planning & Programming/Chief XP: 92 ARW, Fairchild AFB, WA (2003-2005)
- Director of Operations 92 OSS, 92 ARW, Fairchild AFB, WA (2000-2003)
- Air Operations Staff Officer HQ US European Command: Stuttgart, Ge. (1997-2000)