Areas of Expertise:
- Research methods
- Higher education administration
- PhD, University of Nebraska - Lincoln, Lincoln, NE
- MS, Embry-Riddle Aeronautical University, Daytona Beach, FL
- BS, Auburn University, Auburn, AL
- Pathways to the Aviation Professoriate: An Investigation into the Attributes and Backgrounds of Professional Pilot Education Faculty
Research Areas of Interest:
- Academic integrity
Certifications and /or licenses:
- FAA ATP MEL, Commercial SEL, SES; CFI, CFII, MEI, AGI, IGI; ADX; Remote Pilot
- Ison, D. C. (2020). Detection of online contract cheating through stylometry: A Pilot Study. Online Learning, 24(2), 142-165.
- Ison, D. C. (2020). Empirical Analysis of Trends in Runway Incursions in the United States from 2001 to 2017. Journal of Aviation Technology and Engineering, 9(1), 2.
- Ison, D. (2019). Academic misconduct and the internet. In Scholarly Ethics and Publishing: Breakthroughs in Research and Practice (pp. 22-51). IGI Global.
- Ison, D. C. (2018). An empirical analysis of differences in plagiarism among world cultures. Journal of Higher Education Policy and Management, 40(4), 291-304.
- Ison, D. C. (2018). Teaching the Next Generation of Researchers: An Inquiry into Aviation Research Education. Journal of Aviation Technology and Engineering, 7(2), 4.
- McCooey, S., & Ison, D. (2017). Female Cabin Crew Radiation Exposure and Cancer Development: A Cross-Study Inquiry. International Journal of Professional Aviation Training & Testing Research, 9(1).
- Ison, D. C. (2017). Mitigating Nonresponse Error in Online Surveys Through Research-based Design and Delivery. Survey Practice, 10(2).
- Ison, D. C., Herron, R., & Weiland, L. (2016). Two Decades of Progress for Minorities in Aviation. Journal of Aviation Technology and Engineering, 6(1), 4.
- Ison, D. (2017). Academic Misconduct and the Internet. In Handbook of Research on Academic Misconduct in Higher Education (pp. 82-111). IGI Global.
- Ison, D. C., & Szathmary, K. J. (2016). Assessing Academic Integrity Using SafeAssign Plagiarism Detection Software. Collegiate Aviation Review, 34(1).
Select Professional Experience:
- Associate Professor, Embry-Riddle Aeronautical University (7 years)
- Associate Professor, Rocky Mountain College (7 years)
- President, University Aviation Association (2017-2018)