Area of Expertise:
- Research taught both qualitative and quantitative.
- Higher Education Administration leadership.
- Instructional Technology/Information Technology. K-12 technology curriculum consulting.
- K-12 and higher education technology infrastructure project management.
- K-12 and Higher Education Law
- Subject Matter Expert Curriculum Development
- BA University of Central Florida
- MA Siena Heights University
- JD Michigan State University
- Ph.D. Wayne State University
- Distance Education Using Two-Way Interactive Television and Special Features A 4th Year Evaluation Study Perceptions by Students and Parents
Research Areas of Interest:
- Use of Artificial Augmented Intelligence and Virtual Reality in K-12
- Schools and Higher Education Institutions, Accreditation of Hispanic Serving Institutions, Higher Education and K-12 law.
Certifications and/or Licenses:
- FAA Airline Transport Pilot
- Crowe, D & La Pierre, M.E. (2019). Virtual/Mixed reality: Next generational users of instructional tools for K-12 and higher education. In Information Research Management Association (Eds.), Virtual reality in education: breakthroughs in research and practice (pp 382 to 398). Information Science Reference (an imprint of IGI Global) DOI: 10.4018/978-1-5225-8179-6.ch019.
- Crowe, D. & LaPierre, M.E. (2018). Virtual/Mixed reality: Next generational users of instructional tools for k-12 and higher education. International Journal of Conceptual Structures and Smart Applications, 6(1) DOI: 10.4018/IJCSSA.2018010103.
- Crowe, D., LaPierre, M., & Kebritchi, M. (2017) Knowledge-Based Artificial Augmentation Intelligence Technology: Next Step in Academic Instructional Tools for Distance Learning. Tech Trends, 61(5) doi:10.1007/s11528-017-0210-4
- Luciano-Wong, S. and Crowe, D. (2019), "Persistence and engagement among first-year Hispanic students", Journal for Multicultural Education, Vol. 13 No. 2, pp. 169-183. https://doi.org/10.1108/JME-12-2017-0072
Selected Professional Experience:
- Over 20 years as a technology curriculum/infrastructure consultant for K-12. Higher Education Institutions, Museums, and Corporations.
- Research Associate Developmental Disabilities Institute and Detroit Children's Hospital (Wayne State University).
- Research Associate Center for Enabling Technology Michigan State University.
- Post Doctoral Work with Dr. Patrick Suppess of Stanford University on Artificial Intelligence. Post Doctoral work MIT Media Lab on Spatial Data Management and LEGO.
- Over 16 years as an online professor and 6 years at brick and mortar universities.
- Member of the Council of College and Military Educators and the Association for Educational Communications and Technology.
- Peer Reviewer Sage Publications.
- Associate Dean – Department of Sociology and Criminal Justice Siena Heights University.
- Consultant to the Vice President for Maricopa Community Colleges (South Mountain, Phoenix College, etc.).
- Consultant and Faculty Member to the Provost and Vice Chancellor of Academic Affairs, The University of Michigan