Areas of Expertise:
- Medical Family Therapy
- Integrated Behavioral Health Care
- Program Development
- Psychosocial Factors of Chronic Illness
- Development of a Simulation Model of Depression
- PhD, Marriage and Family Therapy, Brigham Young University, 1980
- MS, Human Development and Family Studies, University of Arizona, 1977
- BS, Psychology, Utah State University, 1976
- Guthrie, M., Zubatsky, M., & Smith, C. (2016). Family Stress and Counseling. In Paulman, P. & Taylor, R.B. (7th Ed.), Family Medicine: Principles and Practice. Springer Publishing.
- Heiden-Rootes, K.M., Salas, J., Scherer, J., Schneider, D., & Smith, C. (2016). Comparison of Medical Record Diagnoses for Same-Sex and Opposite-Sex Partnered Patients. Journal of the American Board of Family Medicine. 29(6), 688-693.
- Smith, C.W. (2014). Intimacy and Technology: Is there an app for that? A Review of: The Couple and Family Technology Framework: Intimate relationships in a digital age. PsychCritiques.
- Smith, C. W., Maxwell, K., Johnson, L. N. (2014). Using technology effectively in clinical couple and family research. Advanced Methods in Family Therapy Research: A focus on validity and change. Johnson, L. N. & Miller R. B. (Eds.) New York: Routledge.