Areas of Expertise:
- Nursing Education
- Nursing Theory
- Nurse Professorate
- PhD , Barry University
- MSN , Barry University
- BSN, Florida Atlantic University
- Willingness to Serve Underserved and Disenfranchised Populations: The Influence of Registered Nurses’ Demographic and Educational Characteristics, and Values. Nurses provide care to diverse patient populations and should be aware of their biases. The purposes of my research study were to specify the relative combined contributions of age, highest level of education, gender, and nursing certification on registered nurses’ values and willingness to serve underserved and disenfranchised populations. Development of nursing curricula to decrease prejudicial intolerance will help increase nurses’ willingness to provide culturally competent care.
Research Areas of Interest:
- Nursing Education
- Underserved and Disenfranchised Populations
- Maze Martino, C. D. (2002). Nursing care of patients with gastrointestinal cancer: A staff development approach. Journal for Nurses in Staff Development, 18(6), 327-332.
- Maze Martino, C. D. (2005). Registered nurses’ personal rights versus professional responsibility in caring for members of underserved and disenfranchised populations. Journal of Clinical Nursing, 14, 1-9.
- Maze Martino, C.D. (2006) Registered nurses’ willingness to serve populations on the periphery of society. Journal of Nursing Scholarship, 38(3), 1-6.
- Hartshorn, J. C., & Maze Martino, C. D. (2013). Post-ictal psychosis: Implications for nursing. Journal of Neuroscience Nursing, 45(2), 71-76.
Select Profession Experience:
- Assistant Program Director, College of Nursing and Public Health
- Phi Kappa Chapter Sigma Theta Tau International Honor Society of Nursing, Past President
- Nursing Chair, Graduate Honor Council
- Director, Nursing Resource Center
- Army Service Ribbon, 324th Combat Support Hospital, U.S Army Reserves
- National Defense Service Medal, 324th Combat Support Hospital, U.S Army Reserves
- United States Air Force, Charge Nurse