Areas of Expertise:
- Security Operations and Network Defense
- Penetration testing and offensive security
- Cybersecurity Architecture and Design
- AWS Security Design and Architecture
- Security Incident and Event Management
- Security Incident Response
- Secure Software Development Lifecycle
- Certified Information Systems Security Professional (CISSP)
- ISO 27001 Lead Implementor
- Certified Offensive Security Professional (OSCP)
- GIAC Systems and Network Auditor (GSNA)
- GIAC Penetration Tester (GPEN)
- AWS Certified Cloud Practitioner
- Doctor of Science in Cybersecurity, Capitol Technology University, 2016
- Master’s degree in information technology – Information Assurance, University of Maryland University College, 2011
- Bachelor of Science in Information Systems Management, University of Maryland University College, 2007
- A Correlational Study of Security Factors and the Adoption of Cloud Service Delivery Models
Research Areas of Interest:
- Cybersecurity defenses with machine learning and AI
- Automated Cyber threat detection and response
- Visualization and Cybersecurity
Select Profession Experience:
- Lead Security Solutions Architect, GlobalParadigm LLC.
- Principal Cybersecurity Engineer, TrueBlue Inc.
- Senior Cybersecurity Consultant, Presidio
- Director of Security Operations Center, EiQ Networks
- Senior Manager Security Operations Center, INX Inc.
- Led Cybersecurity Operations Engineer, INX Inc.
- Chief of Information Protection, United States Air Force