Areas of Expertise
- Educational leadership
- Pre-service teaching and administrative clinical experiences
- International education
- Qualitative research
- Rural education
- English education
- Ph.D., Oklahoma State University
- M.S., University of Oklahoma\
- B.A., Northeastern State University
Coming to America: Examining why international students choose to pursue a degree at Oklahoma State University
- Jenkins, C. & Vogel, L.R. (2015). The effective school leader: Putting all the pieces together. In Vogel, L.R. & Jenkins, C. (Eds.), Increasing Student Achievement Through Effective School Leadership: Practitioners™ Perspectives. New York: Nova Publishers.
- Atiles, J., Jenkins, C., Rayas-Duarte, P., Taylor, R., & Zhang, H. (June 2014). Service, cooperative extension, and community engagement in a modern land-grant university. In R. Sternberg (Ed.), The Modern Land Grant University. Purdue University Press.
- Jenkins, C., Harris, E., Krumm, B., & Curry, K. (Fall 2012). Cultivating a global mindset in leadership preparation: Contextual implications. Journal of International Education and Leadership, 2(3), 1-17.
- Adams, J. & Jenkins, C. (Fall/Winter 2009). Playing Ball on the Field of Dreams: An Examination of the Hits, Runs, and Foul Balls During the Inaugural Season of a Secondary Writing Center. Inland, 28(1), 22-26.
- Jenkins, C. (June 2007). My painful first year teaching ESOL. Essential Teacher, 4(2), 23-25.
- Jenkins, C. (Spring 2007). Consideration of community values in decision-making: How one rural superintendent sees it. Rural Educator, 28(3), 28-32.
- Faculty member and administrator for fourteen years at the University of Northern Colorado, Oklahoma State University, Metropolitan State University of Denver, and Tulsa Community College
- Assistant Superintendent, Principal, and English teacher in Oklahoma for seven years